Inflation driving up costs to eat out
简介The inflation rate for food prices at dining establishments and prices of processed foods has been i ...
The inflation rate for food prices at dining establishments and prices of processed foods has been increasing at a faster pace than the overall inflation rate for consumer goods, a state-led agency’s data showed Saturday.
According to Statistics Korea, the inflation rate for food prices at dining establishments in August came to 5.3 percent, while the inflation of consumer prices reached 3.4 percent.
Government data also showed that food prices at restaurants have been increasing for 27 straight months.
By menu, the inflation rate of pizza saw the highest increase by 10.8 percent on-year, followed by tteokbokki, up 7.4 percent on-year.
The inflation rate of other food options such as popular on-the-go choice gimbap posted 7.4 percent increases.
Prices of processed foods have also been increasing for 21 straight months.
The inflation rate for processed foods in August came to 6.3 percent.
The inflation rate of a salad dressing saw the highest increase by 31.3 percent on-year, followed by gochujang, or red pepper paste, by 21.9 percent and cheese by 21. 2 percent.
WASHINGTON -- US President Joe Biden said on Sunday he believes the Hamas militant group must be eli ...
윤석열 대통령이 16일 오전 서울 용산구 대통령실 청사 앞 어린이정원에서 열린 제63차 수석비서관회의를 주재하고 있다. [사진 대통령실]“총알도 없고, 손발도 묶인 상황이다.” 1 ...
Chun Yung-woo, a former South Korean national security adviser and chief negotiator for the six-part ...
이준석, 눈물의 회견…尹대통령 향해 "與 묵언 수행 저주 풀라"
TvN Sports, CGV to screen Bundesliga’s first ‘Korean derby’
[Korea Beyond Korea] In Paris, soaring demand for Korean studies yet to be fully met
김성원 여의도연구원장 "공천장사 지라시, 허위사실 유포로 고소"
윤 대통령 “국민소통·현장소통·당정소통 강화하라”
Cast of ‘Norma’ says opera difficult to sing but easy to enjoy
- Broadcom to appeal S. Korean regulator's fine over unfair Samsung Electronics deal
- Milk prices to go up in Oct.
- [Today’s K
- [KH Explains] Lotte goes all
- N.Korea blasts Yoon for denouncing military ties with Russia at UN
- [Herald Interview] Mimiirose hopes to make a name for itself
- Major Korean firms fare worse than US counterparts in H1
- Will Kep1er disband? Project group eyes extension with 'Magic Hour'
- N. Korea scheduled to hold key parliamentary meeting following Kim
- 카메라 찍힌 김여정 960만원 '디올 백'…그 자체가 北인권 참상
- [Photo News] AI, conventional painting come together
- 'No Japan?' Korea swings from extreme rejection to selective embrace
- Hyundai Motor chairman marks 3rd year of record earnings
- Jungkook of BTS to hold fan showcase on Nov. 20
- [From the scene] Eye
- YG's new girl group Babymonster to debut next month
- DB Robotics invents nation's first hybrid electric rollator
- US eases export controls on chip equipment for Samsung, SK factories in China
- [Herald Review] Ive gives a sneak peek of new album, kicks off first world tour with Seoul gigs
- Questions remain after passage of anonymous birth bill
- Yoon appoints new defense, culture ministers without parliamentary confirmation
- S. Korean women dominate recurve archery at Asian Games