The many regional flavors of songpyeon, a Korean holiday dessert
简介Chuseok is a time for enjoying many different traditional foods in Korea. Among them, one of the mus ...
Chuseok is a time for enjoying many different traditional foods in Korea. Among them, one of the must-have sweet treats is songpyeon.
Songpyeon is a Korean traditional rice cake, or tteok, with filling that varies from region to region.
Vibrant five-colored songpyeon of Seoul
Seoul-style songpyeon are colorful and small, while most of the images of songpyeon that people know well are osaek songpyeon.
Osaek, or five-colored, songpyeon is traditionally dyed with natural colorants including omija, gardenia and mugwort. These small songpyeon are half-moon shaped and stuffed with sweet filling such as sesame seeds and sugar.
South Korea, the United States and Japan established a trilateral communication hotline, a senior Se ...
SK Group will hold its annual CEO meeting – one of the biggest gatherings of its top executives – in ...
The Financial Services Commission, Korea's top financial regulator, unveiled plans on Monday to ...
- Import prices up for 3rd month in September on higher oil prices
- Posco Future M achieves 100% recycling of refractory waste
- [Coffee Klatch] Take a sip of Turkish coffee in Seoul
- "당 망치는 응석받이"…안철수, 이준석 제명 서명운동 시작
- Celltrion partners with US pharmacy chain for Yuflyma sales
- Foreigners turn net sellers of S. Korean stocks for 15 sessions
- Gwanghwamun's 'woldae' to be unveiled this week after restoration
- Dansaekhwa master Park Seo
- Choo calls for end to protectionism, supply chain recovery during G20 meeting
- S. Korea has 'no urgency' to cut key lending rate soon: IMF director
- 'Basel Night' at Swiss Embassy in Seoul heralds Basel's cultural legacy
- [Today’s K
- S. Korea signs consortium deal with Canada, Italy for nuclear reactor refurbishment in Romania
- Le Sserafim to release first English single 'Perfect Night'
- Korean economy expected to grow by 2.1% in 2024: Hana Institute
- “北, 무단철거 금강산 골프장서 옥수수 건조”
- S. Korea in contention for team medal in women's golf
- Long Chuseok holiday to boost domestic trips
- N. Korea stipulates nuclear force
- S. Korea's drop in exports eases in Sept. on chip sales recovery
- [Korea Beyond Korea] ‘More cross
- N.Korea could use nuclear weapons at any stage of conflict: Pentagon
- Explore the culture of Joseon during Chuseok
- Swimmer, gamers celebrate Chuseok with gold medals
- [Bills in Focus] Eased land use within industrial complexes, tackling faulty construction
- Korea Post names new president
- Opposition leader proposes meeting with Yoon amid growing party feud
- Music festivals and concerts for the fall season
- 2023 LoL World Championship to entertain esports fans